Updated: Jun 11
As much as I love to cook, I love free food, too! And one thing I've learned over the years is that there are so many food vendors out there who will feed you for free when it's your birthday. So this past Tuesday I celebrated my 44th birthday by searching my Inbox and all of the restaurant apps on my phone for a jackpot of free food offers. Some offers are better than others, but one thing's for sure, I'll spend much of the month of February reliving my birthday as I stuff my face with free breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts.
So without further ado, here are my Top 10 birthday freebies, most of which require using their app to access the offers:
10) Auntie Anne's - Get a free pretzel good for 2 weeks after your big day.
9) Sonic Drive-In - Suck down a free small Classic Shake within 30 days of your birthday.
8) Krispy Kreme - Enjoy any of their amazing donuts and a cup of hot or iced coffee sometime during your birthday month.
7) Bruegger's Bagels - Can't forget about breakfast. Bruegger's gives you a bagel and cream cheese to celebrate. Just get it within 2 weeks of your birthday.
6) Firehouse Subs - Choose from any of their medium-sized subs within one week of your birthday.
5) Moe's Southwestern Grill - Stuff yourself silly with any of their burritos as well as chips and salsa. You've got 10 days to use this offer.
4) City BBQ - They aren't giving away any of their outstanding barbecue, but you do get a gigantic piece of chocolate cake covered in chocolate chips that's enough for two very filling desserts. So eat your birthday cake, then eat some more! This offer is good for two weeks.
3) Jimmy John's - Get yourself a free 8" sub FREEKY FAST. Just don't wait, because this offer is only good for one week after your birthday.
2) Jersey Mike's - This one makes the tops of the sandwich list because you get a free sub AND 22 oz drink, and there's no rush. This offer is good for an ENTIRE YEAR.
1) Bad Daddy's Burger Bar - Ah, my #1 free birthday offer! It's delicious and it's the most filling free meal you are going to find. Get a free burger, salad or sandwich any time within a month of your big day. Sure, you'll probably go with family or friends and spend some more money, but you'll walk out feeling totally fulfilled.
Honorable mention goes to Starbucks and Red Robin. I'm not a coffee drinker nor do I frequent Starbucks, but I know my wife gets her free Chai Tea Latte yada yada yada every year on her birthday, so that's a savings of hundreds of dollars. And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Red Robin, as there was a period of about 8 years where we were there for every family member's birthday for the free burger or kid's meal.
So get to it. Sign up right now because before you know it, your birthday will be upon you, and while you might not be excited about turning another year older, all that free food should make you feel just a little bit better!
What are some of your favorite birthday freebies? Comment below and let me know so all of my readers (and me, too) can benefit the next time the big day rolls around.